LA Girl Velvet Contour Sticks

Leave a Comment

L.A. Girl have really been keeping up with the high end makeup trends lately!

 First with their liquid lipsticks and matte lipstick and now they have cream highlighters and bronzers as well as cream blushers! 

I'm so excited that is a drug store alternative and I can create a similar look without the major investment of a high end creme contouring kit... It is also great you can pick and chose which colours you like rather than having to buy a palette.

They are priced at $9.09 each at LoveMy Makeup and they are great value for money :)

The full range recently arrived at work so I've swatched all the colours for you and my review follows the swatches. Thanks LoveMy Makeup for letting me swatch & photograph them all!

Firstly the blushes...  
there are 10 shades to choose from with a mixture of pinks, peaches and berry shades. 

Blush swatches

    

The blushers are so nice and creamy and are fairly easy to work with. They have good pigmentation but not to much that you could accidentally go over board. 

Remember with cream blushes start with a little and blend into the skin and re-apply if you feel you need more.  I've done a full post on how to apply cream blush which you can check out here


Then in the range there are 3 highlighter shades & 3 bronzing shades that you can mix & match with the blushes for cream contouring.

Highlighter & Bronzer Swatches


Unfortunately my camera was NOT co - operating when I did the swatches so the highlighters aren't very visible but trust me they are beautiful. 

If you want that dewy glow from within these will create that for you. If you want you highlighter seen from space, use these as a base then pop a powder over the top to make you pop!

I'm a bit divided on my thoughts on the bronzing sticks.... Brazen and Goddess both have quite a bit of shimmer to them and i'm more of a matte fan. However they are pretty shades and with summer coming these with work as a nice bronzer on their own or I would try them as a base for a natural eye look.

Now I wonder what L.A. Girl is working on next??? I know I'll be keeping my eyes peeled






SHARE:
Next PostNewer Post Previous PostOlder Post Home

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

CUSTOM BLOGGER TEMPLATES BY pipdig